1. This animal was named for president Teddy Roosevelt.
4. Brenda wrote about this animal, which lives in a swamp.
6. This is the author's first name!
9. Brenda wrote about this endangered bird species, the spotted _____.
10. Book title: Winter _____.
13. Sloths, capuchin monkeys and poison-dart frogs live in this place.
14. This spiny plant acts as a home (or "hotel") to many animals.
16. Mud City is about this kind of bird.
18. The plant that is the answer to 14 Across is found in this hot, dry area.
2. Tommy and his uncle check traps for this sea creature while on their boat.
3. Book title: Cactus ______.
4. Brenda wrote a book about this fish, which returns home every year.
5. This historical type of building warns ship captains about nearby land at night.
7. Baby penguins and flamingos hatch from one of these.
8. Book title: ________ Soup.
11. Brenda wrote about this species of penguin.
12. The Emperor Lays an Egg is about this bird.
14. A baby bird, such as a penguin or spoonbill, is also known as this.
15. Book title: Into the ___.
17. Flamingos build their nests out of this.